Travel / Travel / United States / General
Date de parution: October 18th 2022
Moon USA National Parks
The Complete Guide to All 63 Parks
- Coverage of all 63 national parks, from the misty mountains of the east and the redwoods of the west to the glaciers of Alaska and volcanoes of Hawaii, organized by region
- Strategic lists and itineraries: Choose from lists of the best parks for hiking, wildlife, families, and scenic drives or make your way down the list of the top ten national parks experiences across the country
- The best outdoor adventures in every park, including backpacking, biking, climbing, kayaking, rafting, and more, plus detailed hike descriptions and trail maps marked with distance, duration, effort level, and trailheads
- National parks road trips with driving times and advice for linking multiple parks, interesting stops between them, and nearby attractions and state parks
- Comprehensive planning resources: With maps and transportation tips, you'll have the tools to explore each park or region individually, or visit multiple for an epic national parks trip
- Expert advice from former park guide Becky Lomax on how to avoid crowds, what time of year to visit, and where to stay inside and outside the parks, from campgrounds to hotels
- Know before you go: Find essential background on climate, terrain, wildlife, history, and safety precautions, plus practical information on park fees, passes, and reservations, including how to obtain and use a National Parks Pass
- Gorgeous, full-color photos throughout, plus a handy keepsake section for your national parks stamps and a detachable fold-out poster map
For more in-depth information on a specific park, check out one of Moon's national parks travel guides.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
"It’s in author Becky Lomax’s DNA to have written such a comprehensive book about our country’s national parks. In 1902, her great-grandparents visited Yellowstone on their honeymoon (riding a carriage!) and her father was a National Park Ranger in Washington state. Consequently, Lomax grew up exploring and becoming an expert in her natural backyard habitat. As a nationally published magazine writer, Lomax has gone one step further in compiling this comprehensive guidebook for adventurers and armchair readers alike…Each park is detailed in great depth including visitors’ centers, best places to take photos, history of the park, wildlife species, activities, camping, full-color maps and really, too much to outline here. Let’s just say Lomax deserves my vote for an “Outdoors Pulitzer” for this comprehensive guidebook on our national parks."—Carolyn Price, OutdoorsNW
"There’s nothing wrong with being old-fashioned and buying a physical book for your adventure. There are plenty of options, including this one that highlights all  national parks. With need-to-know information, helpful advice and actionable itineraries, you’ll find hidden gems and tips for exploring."—CNN Underscored
"The definitive new guide, Moon USA National Parks by long-time National Park advocate and former guide Becky Lomax, comes highly recommended…The guide is organized well and very reader-friendly. No matter what type of adventure you are seeking, the guide is sure to have something for you. Whether you are seeking safe encounters with wildlife, peaceful solitude, winter activities or all those can’t miss locations for the perfect selfie opportunity, the guide has it."—Camping for Women