Travel / Travel / United States / South / South Atlantic (dc, De, Fl, Ga, Md, Nc, Sc, Va, Wv)
Date de parution: March 7th 2023
Moon North Carolina: With Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Blue Ridge Parkway, Coastal Getaways, Craft Beer & BBQ
- Flexible itineraries, including scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway, four days in the Great Smoky Mountains, and a five-day coastal getaway
- Strategic advice designed for hikers, beach-goers, foodies, wildlife-watchers, and more
- The top local experiences: Explore the gardens of the Biltmore Estate, check out the art museum in Raleigh, or kick back with a craft beer at an outdoor concert in Wilmington. Escape to the Outer Banks for a glimpse of wild horses, historic lighthouses, and remote islands. Tap your foot to live bluegrass and dig into famous North Carolina barbecue
- Outdoor activities: Hike to waterfalls or challenge yourself to climb the highest peaks in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Kayak around Kitty Hawk, whitewater raft in the wild Nantahala River Gorge, go hang gliding, or spend a day fly-fishing
- Expert tips from North Carolina local Jason Frye on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from rugged campgrounds to historic inns and beachside B&Bs
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.