Travel / Travel / Europe / Great Britain
Date de parution: July 5th 2022
Highland Road Trips, Outdoor Adventures, Pubs and Castles
- Flexible itineraries including a journey through the Highlands and Islands, day-by-day itineraries in Glasgow and Edinburgh, a tour of Scotland’s six World Heritage Sites, and more
- Strategic advice, whether you’re looking to castle-hop, trace your ancestry, go cliff-diving, or stroll through misty villages
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Walk along Edinburgh's historic Royal Mile, or climb the Arthur's Seat peak. Explore Neolithic burial chambers and rugged archipelagos in the north, follow the Malt Whisky Trail in Speyside, or hop on the West Highland Railway, one of the world’s most beautiful train rides. Catch a traditional music performance in Glasgow or chat with locals at a corner pub over folk music and a pint. Hike through wild moors and pine forests to deserted villages on Skye, play one of the oldest golf courses in the world, or take a seaplane over Loch Lomond for dramatic views of the Highlands
- Honest tips from Scotland expert Sally Coffey
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on Scotland’s landscape, history, and cultural customs
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Scotland
- In-depth coverage of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southern, Central, and Northeast Scotland, Loch Lomond, Inverness, Orkney & Shetland, the Central Highlands and the Isle of Skye, and the Outer Hebrides
- Handy tools such as visa information, a Scottish phrasebook, and tips for LGBTQ+ travelers, families with kids, and seniors
Sticking to the major cities? Check out Moon Edinburgh, Glasgow & the Isle of Skye.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.