Travel / Travel / United States / West / Mountain (az, Co, Id, Mt, Nm, Nv, Ut, Wy)
Date de parution: September 6th 2022
Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton
Hike, Camp, See Wildlife
- Flexible Itineraries: Adventure-packed ideas ranging from one day in each national park to a week-long road trip covering both
- The Best Hikes in Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Detailed descriptions, individual trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Marvel at the steam-spewing Old Faithful geyser or take a horseback ride to panoramic lakeside views. Hike through alpine forests to rushing waterfalls and catch a glimpse of wild bison, elk, wolves, or bears. Bask in the colorful radiance of Grand Prismatic Spring or stroll the boardwalks along Mammoth Hot Springs. Climb to Inspiration Point for breathtaking views of Jackson Hole and Jenny Lake, explore the quirky nearby towns, or discover the best spots to hit the slopes during the winter season
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: Campgrounds, resorts, and more both inside and outside the park
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expertise and Know-How: Explore both national parks with outdoors expert and former park guide Becky Lomax
- Resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Yellowstone and Grand Teton
- Helpful background on the indigenous culture, landscape, plants and animals, and history of the region
Visiting more of North America's national parks? Try Moon Glacier National Park or Moon USA National Parks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.