Travel / Travel / United States / General
Date de parution: October 26th 2021
Moon USA State by State
The Best Things to Do in Every State for Your Travel Bucket List
From the Pacific to the Atlantic, through prairies and bayous to snow-capped mountains, uncover the best of the US with Moon USA State by State. Inside you’ll find:
- Broken down by region, each chapter introduces the unique personality of all 50 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico
- The top 3 experiences in every state: Whether it’s a bucket-list national park, a famous festival, or an unbeatable beach, find out what makes each state special
- Unforgettable outdoor adventures: Explore the best national parks from Acadia to Zion. Peep the changing leaves in Vermont or set up camp for a night of stargazing in Texas. Explore underground caves in Kentucky, or hike to waterfalls in Washington and volcanoes in Hawaii. Admire stunning arches and hoodoos in Utah, or watch for wildlife in Alaska
- Road trip ideas: Hit the road with lists of each state's best scenic drives and must-see roadside stops
- Local flavors from coast to coast: Sample hatch chilis in New Mexico and dig in to heaping plates of hot chicken in Tennessee. Spend a weekend wine-tasting in Oregon, or try a flight of craft beers in Colorado
- History and fun facts: Get to know more about each state with historical background, lesser-known local favorites, and more
- A foldout poster map with checklists to track your adventures
Moon USA State by State: Inspiration, experiences, and adventures from coast to coast.
Winner of the 31st Annual North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA) Travel Media Awards Competition: Best Travel Book or Guide, Gold Award
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.