Travel / Travel / United States / West / Pacific (ak, Ca, Hi, Nv, Or, Wa) / Pacific (ak, Ca, Hi, Or, Wa)
Date de parution: November 9th 2021
Moon Death Valley National Park
Hiking, Scenic Drives, Desert Springs & Hidden Oases
- Flexible, strategic itineraries, ranging from one day in the park to a week-long trip, designed for day-hikers, road-trippers, outdoor adventurers, history buffs, and more
- The top experiences and unique ideas for exploring Death Valley: Hike through forested trails to sweeping canyon views, and discover abandoned mining camps, remote ghost towns, and hidden springs. Go four-wheeling in rugged backcountry, or cruise along Badwater Basin Road to check out iconic sights like the Devil's Golf Course, Artist's Drive, and Zabriskie Point. Admire surreal salt flats, ethereal rock formations, colorful mosaic stone, and sculpted sand dunes, and find the best vistas for that perfect sunset photo-op
- Practical tips for hiking, four-wheel driving, camping, and other recreation, plus information on the right gear to pack for the desert
- Detailed hike descriptions with mileage, elevation gains, difficulty ratings, and trailhead directions
- Honest advice from Death Valley expert Jenna Blough on when to go and where to stay, whether you're pitching the tent, parking the RV, or bedding down at a hotel
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations, plus strategies for getting to Death Valley National Park
- Full-color photos and easy-to-use maps throughout
- Coverage of gateway towns and excursions beyond the park, including the John Muir Wilderness, the Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, and the Trona Pinnacles
- Recommendations for families, seniors, international visitors, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on Death Valley's wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
For full coverage of America's national parks, check out Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 National Parks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.