Travel / Travel / Europe / Spain & Portugal
Date de parution: May 26th 2020
Moon Lisbon & Beyond
Day Trips, Local Spots, Strategies to Avoid Crowds
From the vibrant azulejo tiles and colorful rooftops to the warm, golden coastline, get to know the charming City of Seven Hills with Moon Lisbon & Beyond.
- Explore In and Around the City: Wander Lisbon’s most interesting neighborhoods, like Chiado, Castelo, Bairro Alto, and Belém, and nearby regions, including the Setúbal Peninsula, the Portuguese Riviera, and the Costa da Caparica
- Go at Your Own Pace: Choose from over a dozen flexible itinerary options designed for foodies, beach-goers, history buffs, art lovers, and more, or customize your own adventure with recommendations for food, festivals and events, sights, and activities
- Get Outside the City: Venture through the fascinating Chapel of Bones in Évora, go surfing in Nazaré, relax by the tranquil river in Tomar, and sip the local cherry liqueur in Óbidos
- See the Sights: Hop on Tram 28 to explore the hilly capital, wander through 11th century castles, shop for artisan treasures at a local flea market, or soak up the vibrant colors of Lisbon’s famous tiles at the Museu Nacional do Azulejo
- Savor the Flavors: Enjoy mouthwatering pasteis de Belém, order fresh grilled sardines at an outdoor bar, and people-watch as you snack on local cheese and charcuterie
- Experience the Nightlife: Catch a traditional folk music show in a neighborhood fado house, chat with locals over a pint in neighborhood pub, and sample delicious regional vintages at a chic wine bar
- Get to Know the Real Lisbon: Follow suggestions from Portugal transplant Carrie-Marie Bratley on supporting local businesses and avoiding crowds
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps
- Handy Tools: Background information on Portugal’s history and culture, plus tips on ethical travel, what to pack, where to stay, and how to get around
Day trip itineraries, favorite local spots, and strategies to skip the crowds: Take your time with Moon Lisbon & Beyond.
Exploring more of Europe? Check out Moon Venice & Beyond or Moon Barcelona & Beyond.