Travel / Travel / United States / Midwest / East North Central (il, In, Mi, Oh, Wi)
Date de parution: May 19th 2020
Lakeside Getaways, Scenic Drives, Outdoor Recreation
From majestic forests and verdant farms to rushing rivers and tranquil lakes, experience the Badger State’s classic Midwestern charm with Moon Wisconsin. Inside you’ll find:
- Strategic itineraries, from a weekend in Milwaukee or Madison to a week-long getaway to Door County, with advice for architecture buffs, foodies, families, outdoor adventurers, and more
- The top activities and unique experiences: Museum-hop in trendy Milwaukee, discover the joys of the open road at the Harley-Davidson museum, and savor the laidback college town vibe in Madison. Check out a typical Wisconsin dairy farm and sample fresh bites of cheese or learn how to churn butter with the whole family. Dig in at a Friday night fish fry and unwind with a locally-brewed craft beer in a historic taproom. Kayak to sea caves, cycle through rolling hills of apple orchards, or hike the rugged cliffs of Devil’s Lake
- The best road trips in Wisconsin, including the state’s designated Rustic Roads
- Honest advice from native cheesehead Thomas Huhti on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from luxe hotels to historic lodges and lakeside cabins
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Recommendations for getting to Wisconsin and getting around, by plane, train, bus, or car (or even boat!)
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, outdoor recreation safety, and history
With Moon’s practical tips and local insight, you can experience the best of Wisconsin.
For more Midwestern adventures, try Moon Minneapolis & St. Paul or Moon Michigan.