Travel / Travel / Europe / Eastern
Date de parution: April 21st 2020
Moon Prague & Beyond
Day Trips, Local Spots, Strategies to Avoid Crowds
Dramatic Gothic monuments, breathtaking castles, and fairytale spires: Take your time in this magical city with Moon Prague & Beyond.
- Explore In and Around the City: Get to know Prague’s most interesting neighborhoods, like the Castle District, Old Town, and Lesser Town, and nearby areas, including Kutná Hora, Liberec, and the Moravian wine country
- Go at Your Own Pace: Choose from multiple itinerary options designed for foodies, history buffs, art lovers, outdoor adventurers, and more
- See the Sights: Stroll through the vast Vysehrad complex and relax in the beer garden, marvel at the medieval astronomical clock and the twisted Dancing House, or wander the winding streets of the Jewish Quarter. Climb the Charles Bridge towers, snap a photo in front of the John Lennon Wall, and watch the sunset from a riverside boardwalk
- Get Outside the City: Hike to Trosky Castle at the summit of a volcanic plug, grab a pint of Pilsner at Pilsen’s namesake brewery, explore natural wine vineyards, or study the intricate Baroque monuments of Olomouc
- Savor the Flavors: Linger over coffee at a riverside café, enjoy a hearty dinner of meat and potatoes or a light lunch from a street stall, and snack on fried cheese and Czech sausage at a corner bar
- Experience the Nightlife: Savor a pivo in a beer garden, kick back at an Old Town pub, or see what’s on tap at a microbrewery. Sample local, seasonal wines or catch a live music performance in a former army barracks. Sip Art Nouveau-inspired creations at a craft cocktail bar or soak up 360-degree views of the city from a rooftop bar
- Get to Know the Real Prague: Follow honest suggestions from Prague local Auburn Scallon
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps, including a full-color foldout map
- Handy Tools: Background information on Prague’s history and culture, plus tips on what to pack, where to stay, and how to get around
Day trip itineraries, favorite local spots, and strategies to skip the crowds: Take your time with Moon Prague & Beyond.
Exploring more of Eastern Europe? Check out Moon Budapest & Beyond.